Goodbye Vegas, Hello Lightworks.

My video editing software of choice (Sony Vegas 10) started playing about last Friday – laggy preview & playback. At first I thought it was because I’d replaced my Dadcam with a new one which then had a knock on effect to my aging Lenovo, but after a lot of tinkering, reinstalling of software / restoring of OS and testing with older footage it turned out that Vegas just didn’t want to play anymore. Maybe the Software couldn’t keep up with the latest Windows update?

I opened up Google and searched for best free video software, clicked a link that caught my eye and chose the one they said was best – which was Lightworks.

First impressions are that it’s quite similar in layout to Vegas but the controls are very different so, as I’ve been using it for several years, there will be lots to learn.

So far it looks ace!!

Fortnite: Dad, You’re a Dummy.

Watch a Middle aged Dad play Fortnite: Miscalculate gliding to a lighthouse, run a bit, swim a bit, choose a fishing rod instead of a rifle then get blown up by the first person I meet.

Shot them in the face first though *dabs*.

Also, I actually bought a skin so this might mean I’m committed to learn how to play properly..

Daumen Druckën

One night (possibly* while tipsy) I had an idea for a sticker for my van. Fingers crossed seems to be an ongoing theme with old volkwagens – fingers crossed it starts / doesn’t break / passes the mot / etc.

Google, and a German friend, confirmed the answer I was looking for is Daumen Druckën, so grabbed a sharpie and have since cut a couple of stickers.

*definitely

Gas Monkey.

A friend was after some custom stickers for a Tamiya Lunchbox, Radio Controlled Car. I’ve only made single or very simple double layered stickers before so this is new to me.

Created using Photoshop, Silhouette Studio and a Silhouette Cameo.

There was quite a bit of work involved but they came out really well.

Brick Turpin

PFA a brief history.. 10th June 2011, I bought this brick. I loved it.

Within the first month it needed a new engine. The first year – new carb and air filter.

Second year – ignition system upgrade. I might have cried a bit but still loved it.

Things went well for a year or so until it failed an MOT, needing some welding, a new fuel tank and other things. I went off it a bit and drove home, parked up and left it until I could sell my kidneys.

Five years later I picked up a set of spark plugs to start it up and maybe sell and fell in love all over again. For the last couple of years have been picking jobs off the MOT failures list (& a few bonus ones for good measure).

I’m planning to retrospectively post some updates to document progress, mostly for myself as I seem to easily forget the things I’ve done, but also as I find other’s blogs etc helpful it seems like a good thing to see if I can contribute too.